March 18, 2005

My National Bird in Austin

nope..you are mistaken...I am not talking about Tandoori Chicken..but the actual national bird of India the beautiful peacock.

well..although being the national bird..I have actually never see them roam freely in gardens or meadows in my own country but always behind steel bars in zoos...however here in Austin these majestic birds seem to enjoy thier freedom and definitely make their presence felt!! found this peacock sitting idly outside an apartment balcony..was so surprised to see it just sitting idly..not scared of the evil humans..well probably because there is no peacock tandoori till today..I wonder if you can keep them as pets here...will be kind of cool..wat do u think?? will also get instant weather updates!!

Anyways..I sure do hope to get to see more of such exotic flora and fauna while I am here..


Majestic Peacock