December 22, 2005

Why do I celebrate Christmas?

I was just telling my office colleague on how excited I was when I bought my xmas tree...
Colleague: so are you a christian?
Packan: No..
Colleague: so are you a catholic?
Packan: in my mind...(huh?? last time i checked the vatican church is one category of the entire christian faith) but neways i still replied: No
Colleague: then why did you get a tree??

This really got me thinking...do i need to declare to the whole world of belonging to a particular faith just so that I can celebrate X'mas....

I celebrate it because it makes my HAPPY..
I love putting up a tree and decorating it..i love getting gifts for all friends..i love singing xmas songs...i love the special x'mas drinks in starbucks...I love the Xmas log cakes(try the one from BakersIn)...I love special Xmas punches..i love the fact that everyone around seems to be in a good mood...I loved getting a gift under my pillow from santa when I was a kid (I still dont mind getting one)...

neways..do tell me why u like xmas??

Tis the season to be Jolly!!
Fa..la.la.la.la..la..lalala