June 05, 2005

My chat in the plane

well..on my way to orlando last weekend..the guy sitting next to me had just come back from Iraq and was going home after a year...he is 21 now and joined the army when he was 18 and the reason he joined..to make money!! aparently you can make like US$ 50,000 in 6 months if you go for any assignment...(I wonder where all this money is coming from..oil from Iraq??) he was in afghanistan earlier and then in Iraq and now is going back to Afghanistan in october...

He was telling me about his experiences in Iraq..was saying that the people there are really rude...but who wouldn't be when you invade their country!!! children throw stones at them..and how do they reciprocate...by throwing small stones at them!!! This was really shocking...after all they are just children!! and what do they do in the night...while patrolling..shoot all the dogs which bark at them!!

But he finally admitted that they should have never gone there..

I must say this entire conversation with him was really interesting...and learnt about waht is really happening...I think it is high time the world realises their mistake and leaves the counrty and more importantly its people alone!!!